- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Golden Gate Hotel
The new look and feel of the hotel takes a far more modern approach, whilst still enhancing the original style of the 70s.The work on the hotel was done as part of the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP), with the rest being funded from the SANParks infrastructure Development Programme (IDP).
Upgrading a hotel of this calibre was by no means an easy task. To accomplish top-notch results, 50 workers from neighbouring communities were employed. Five SMME construction companies were awarded sub-construction contracts to ensure a smooth and steady upgrading process.
The end result was well worth it: The new Golden Gate Hotel is the embodiment of a new beginning that is illustrated in the new decoration theme used throughout the hotel – African Seasons. It is as if the colours and layers of the seasons come to their full potential here in the Eastern Free State, and that idea is the main artistic vision that has been incorporated into the décor throughout. The rooms depicting the summer season are coated with a bright African sun yellow, while the winter rooms receive a white and blue combination, illustrating the snow-peaked mountains and blue dusky skies present in the Golden Gate winters. Spring is celebrated in brilliant blues and lush greens, and autumn takes its place in the warm orange, red and rich browns of the brand new designs.
- More rooms had to be incorporated, which is why the current hotel boasts 54 splendid rooms (20 more than the old hotel). Guests can stay in any of the rooms and experience the breathtaking scenery of the surrounding mountains and lush landscapes. 43 of the rooms are north-facing, ensuring an all year sun-basking stay.
- Three-quarters of the rooms are fitted with showers, and the rest have baths. The new hotel is also fully compliant regarding universal accessibility for mobility challenged patrons.
Winter browns enhance the newly crafted presidential suite, with enough spaciousness that allows a comfortable retreat for either private relaxation, official meetings with dignitaries or intimate private entertainment. The bathroom is fitted with both a bath and a shower.
As for the honeymoon suite, newlyweds can rest assured that they will kick off their marriage in style. Dark chocolate and heart red garnish the room’s colours of love, with a fabulous open plan design that is nothing short of spoiling. A jacuzzi bath and shower (large enough for two) completes the room’s aura of intimacy and cosiness.
Entertainment-wise, it just keeps getting better - we offer
- A cocktail and coffee bar lounge have been added to the top floor, ensuring visitors a stunning view of the striking Brandwag cliffs.
- The sophisticated restaurant on the middle floor is equally suited for both private dining and lavish functions, with enough space for up to 300 diners.
- Finally, a vibrant sports bar completes the lowest floor, with an upbeat décor that is most definitely worth bragging about. Apart form the remaining staircase, a new panoramic lift connects all three floors.
Offerings for the professionals
- The advanced renovations on the 5 conference facilities are more than satisfactory, and will ensure any business meeting is executed in style.
- The largest conference room allows enough space for 300 delegates, and a new, small business centre has been created that comes complete with Internet, printing and faxing facilities.
The upgrade has reached out to the neighbouring chalets as well, ensuring a posh and comfortable stay for the self-catering guests too.