- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
An interactive holiday programme in the KNP at the Tigers Eye Shops!
Date: 21st June 2012
The Tigers Eye shops in various camps in the Kruger National Park are hosts to a variety of exciting activities during the upcoming school holidays from the 22nd of June to the 15th of July 2012. Interactive activities include book launches and signings, kids crafting competitions, photographic talks and kids story time. Come see what is wild and happening at the Tiger's Eye park shops this holiday!
Some of the acitivities of the holiday programme include:
- Book signing, meet and greet by famous author, traveler, adventurer and conservationist Tony Park. As well as writing novels set in Africa, Tony has branched out into writing non fiction and has co-written two autobiographies. Amongst these novels are well known titles such as: African Sky, African Dawn, Far Horizon, Zambezi, Safari, Ivory, Silent Predator and The Delta.
- Nadine Clarke is the author of the On Safari Book series and will be doing a book reading and interactive talk with children. She has extensive experience in environmental education and is involved in various outreach programs and community projects.
- Duncan Butchart author of Wildlife of South Africa: A Photographic Guide, is a naturalist, illustrator and photographer. He is the author and editor of numerous articles and books on wildlife, and has worked in eleven African countries as a specialist in ecotourism communication. Duncan will be doing a book signing and talk on photography.
- Clive and Anton Walker will do a signing of their newly released book, Rhino Keepers. The book focuses on the start of the rhino killings, the time-worn traditions of rhino poaching and the shift in the rhino war with the renewed outbreak of poaching in South Africa in 2008.
- A talk on starting wildlife photography by renowned photographer, author and conservationist, Andy Tinker.
- Children’s Crafting Kit Competition: Buy your crafting kit in store and come exhibit your completed artwork on 30 June or 7 July in either of the following camps: Skukuza, Satara, Lower Sabie, Berg-en-Dal, Pretoriuskop, Letaba or Olifants. Prizes will be given to the top three art crafters in each camp.
- There will be children’s story reading in Skukuza, Satara, Lower Sabie, Pretoriuskop, Berg & Dal, Letaba and Olifants every evening at 17:30p.m. in the Tigers Eye shop.
- There will also be kids face painting in various stores around the park.
The Tigers Eye
Brand Manager: Kruger National Park
082 563 5904